The SuperSpeech & Language Connection
Language 'n Motion - 2010 Summer Program
A functional play based program where movement facilitates social interaction.
Jointly run by an Occupational Therapist and Speech & Language Pathologist, this unique program is designed to address the motor planning and self regulatory needs of children while facilitating overall language development. In a relaxed, safe and motivating environment, Language ‘n Motion focuses on the development and improvement of the following skills:
- Self Regulation
- Praxis/Motor Planning
- Imitation of Movement
- Social Interaction/Reciprocal Play
- Receptive and Expressive Language
- Balance/Rhythmic Movement
- Muscle Strength and Coordination
- Direction following and Transitions
- Visual Perception/Perceptual Motor Skills
- Problem Solving/executive functioning/organization
Language ‘n Motion is a 4 week program that meets twice a week for 1.5 hours (8 sessions in all). Children receive direct instruction during that time from both an OT and SLP.
Choose from the following:
Grades K-1 - 1:00-2:30
Grades 2-3 - 3:00-4:30
Grades 4-5 - 5:00-6:30
This program runs Mondays and Wednesdays, June 28 thru July 23.
Please contact us at [email protected] or call 510.306.9066 for more information.